Dole Whip is one of those iconic treats found at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. It is a cult classic that can come in many flavors, usually fruit, but what you see the most is pinapple flavor. Whether you like it as a float, upside down pineapple cake, just plain whip, or boozy, this is the recipe for you!
Did you know? The “real” Dole whip is prepared with a premade powder and water mixture. This recipe can be made at home without purchasing the mix, and tastes just like the original! It is from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook. You do have to have an ice cream machine to make this recipe. You can find them fairly inexpensive on Amazon.
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups chilled pineapple juice
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine water and sugar. Microwave 1 minute, stir, then microwave 1 more minute. Stir to create a syrup. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour pineapple juice into ice cream machine and add 1/2 cu of the chilled syrup. Add lime juice. Follow ice cream machine instrucions and run about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a large plastic container, cover, and freeze overnight for a harder consistency.
Ready to book your next Disney trip?
I can help! I am a vacation planner that specializes in Disney and Universal. My services are complimentary to you when you book with me. If you have not booked yet, or have booked within the last 30 days, you can book or transfer your trip with me! I help with itineraries, dining and magical extras bookings, packing lists, and even scheduling your transportation from the airport, like in this article. You can contact me at email@example.com or fill out a booking form here.
If you have already booked your trip but realize you may need some extra help, I can also help with that for a small fee. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.