When visiting Disney World, everyone knows how expensive everything can be. Tickets, travel, food, merchandise, hotels, and souvenirs can really add up, especially if you’re a full family spending a week or more at the most magical place on earth. Well, did you know there are actually several souvenirs you can get for free at Disney? Check out this list!
- Park maps – Park maps are FREE and a great way to remember your trip by! They make really great backgrouds for framing photos or scrapbooking as well.
2. Celbration Buttons – You can get a button for ANYTHING! Get yours at your resort or guest services in the parks. First visit, Birthday, or Anniversary are just the tip of the iceberg.
3. Trading Cards – Ask the cast member on various forms of transportation! My boys loved getting these cards from the bus drivers on our first trip.
4. Pool Toys – This one is not confirmed, as I’ve not tested it myself, but I’ve been told you can ask the lifeguard on duty to get free pool toys.
5. License – Get a driver or pilot’s license at Tomorrowland Speedway & Dumbo!
6. Pixie Dust – If you go into Sir Mickey’s, located in Magic Kingdom, and ask for pixie dust, the cast members are happy to oblige. It’s fun and super cute to do, but beware. It’s essentially glitter on your head. If you don’t want to be washing it out for days, I’d skip this one.
7. Fuel Rod trade in – If you have purchased the initial rod (you can get them there or bring your own from before), most kiosks offer free trade for a fully charged rod. Learn more about Fuel Rods here.
8. Coloring book – Most resorts offer free coloring books with crayons for kids. At Whispering Canyon, you get 2 black crayons with your coloring page. They are real jokesters there.
9. Scavenger Hunt prizes – The scavenger hunts at EPCOT you usually have to pay for if you want to get the prize. However, the Kidcot stops you usually get a card, sticker or something of the sort at each one. In other parks there are some hunts you can do and receive the reward for free, such as Wilderness Explorers in Animal Kingdom. You get free stickers for completing this one!
At Luxury of Time by Diamonds International located at Disney Springs, you can go in and ask for a free necklace. You just go in and mention “Disney Map” and it’s yours! It’s not specifically Disney themed, but still a nice necklace!
Ready to book your next Disney trip?
I can help! I am a vacation planner that specializes in Disney and Universal. My services are complimentary to you when you book with me. If you have not booked yet, or have booked within the last 30 days, you can book or transfer your trip with me! I help with itineraries, dining and magical extras bookings, packing lists, and even scheduling your transportation from the airport, like in this article. You can contact me at email@example.com or fill out a booking form here.
If you have already booked your trip but realize you may need some extra help, I can also help with that for a small fee. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.